On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 11:21 +0200, Erwin Donker wrote:

I created a command to clear a dataqueue using the QCLRDTAQ API. After the queue has been cleared, I want the program to send a message to line 24 of the users screen indicating that the queue has been cleared.

To do this, I coded a SNDPGMMSG in the processing program as follows:

MSGDTA('Dataqueue has been cleared') +

This works. The problem however, is that when the CL-program ends (which is right after the SNDPGMMSG), the message on line 24 gets cleared. So my question is, how can I keep the message on line 24 of the users screen AFTER the program that sends the message has ended.

As I recall...

topgmq(*prv) msgtype(*info) or msgtype(*comp)

But that does mean, if I remember correctly, the "caller" must have an
embedded subfile msgf. IBM/user "ibm" menus do, or if called by a
program that program must have an active subfile msgf.

Status messages are just that, a one off quick status "I'm doing some
thing" which disappear.

Erwin Donker

De disclaimer van toepassing op e-mail van de gemeente Den Haag vindt u op: