Are you running this on the actual HMC session, or on a 'shared' remote
session going to the console?
It's important that you start the shared session on the physical HMC
first. Then if you want to start a shared remote session, by all means do
so.
I have noticed my shared remote sessions occasionally stop communicating.
"Gee, I know this save runs awhile but normally I should see library x of
y changing." At this time, positive that I DO have the session also on
the HMC I "disconnect" and "reconnect" and it's now back in sync.
Basically if you're prompted to verify the password on your remote shared
session then there's a problem.

There's also a SST service tools console feature to allow console take
over that I recommend setting.