Re: how to increase field size without increasing the field size

fixed

Billions and billions (thank you Carl Sagan).

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Alan Campin <alan0307d@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The funny thing about this to me is how people are always saying there are
no costs to using file I/O and bringing the entire database into the
program. In other words, no database independence.

Just watching this one thread and you have the real costs. Billions spent
dealing with problems like this where we should just be able to increase
the field size and recompile the few programs that use the PO fields which
is what anyone else using SQL on other systems is doing.

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 9:47 AM, James H. H. Lampert <