From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2014 2:20 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IBM i 7.2 & Power8

On 25-Apr-2014 15:14 -0500, Alan Campin wrote:
<<SNIP>> awful messes because nobody wants to recompile the whole
system so they reuse field, create extensions and then extensions for
extensions. <<SNIP>>

Humorously [to me], less than a day after that comment:

"... The programmer ... does not want to increase the field size and
recompile all of the programs.

I am thinking of a scheme ..."

--
Regards, Chuck