On 18-Apr-2014 09:47 -0500, Jim Franz wrote:
When V7R1 was installed in that partition, the required ptfs were
installed, but our OPS did not have the two "DLTF's" in their run
notes (they prepared the V7 install checklist several months before).
The new version of Memo to Users does say "failure to do so will
result in having to run RCLSTG *DBXREF" and that is what we had to
do. If anything, IBM should (if have not already) put the DLTF's into
the new resave.

To be clear, that DLTF references in the MTU alluded above [for two files named USER_STG] which mention a requirement to RCLSTG [SELECT(*DBXREF)] is a subtopic of the MTU entitled "Action needed to avoid a database cross reference file error condition during the upgrade to 7.1" The reference to the MTU that Rob had made was to the subtopic entitled "System i Navigator Viewing Database file text with System i Navigator". The former topic is an apparent defect associated with those two files existing on a prior release when an upgrade is performed to IBM i v7r1, resulting in the loss of DBXREF data. The latter is apparently an uncorrected defect which is a /new normal/ until the upgrade process is either updated to document that new step, or the upgrade code is corrected to effect the actions necessary for the user to avoid that corrective.