Re: How can I clear/deallocate open File Descriptors

fixed

So these are all in a given job - the FD pool is per job.

So how much can one assume (I know!!) that, at some point in the hierarchy,, that it is safe to close them?

I'm thinking that these things are kind of synchronous in use, for the most part. I'm probably missing something, so am asking.

I still think that if a job is running out, first of all, it CAN change the limit. Secondly, it should NOT be running out - it should always be cleaning up after itself - nested operations notwithstanding, it seems it should be difficult to run out at a given nesting level.

Just thoughts while preparing for work!

Vern