Yeah, Jim - I understand your point of view - each company has its own, of course. We use several free utilities, especially some Scott Klement has written, and things from

I THINK SEQUEL uses processor-based pricing, but I wasn't in the middle of the negotiations. There may be other options. As for WebQuery - is it possible to price it by the workload cap stuff? I just don't know - and that can be a nice option, IIRC.

I don't have an opinion on Jasper - I saw it in use at my previous job at RJS - they make use of it for some things. But I wasn't involved, so can't speak to interface or usability. It is good stuff, so far as I remember. And widely used in several IT communities.

SEQUEL had a telling attribute in our evaluations - familiar interface for a significant share of our people. And it turns out they have an excellent support crew - and I make sure to take advantage of their availability - gotta get our money's worth on support!!