On 27-Mar-2014 10:24 -0700, Jim Essinger wrote:
I am trying to compare run times and CPU usage for some jobs as part
of debug. When the jobs is submitted from the JOBSCDE scheduler, I
get a CPF1241 ending message in the QHST log. When I submit the job

Clarified in a followup reply as SBMJOB requested.

I don't get that message when the job completes, and
so miss out on the information that is in the CPF1241 message for
that job.

What causes a job to post the CPF1241 completion message in QHST? I
have tried several things to force it, and have had mixed results. I
have searched the information center and have not found what I am
looking for.

I don't want to turn on job accounting yet, but it might come to
that. Does anyone have sample program to extract run and performance
info from job accounting and/or the completed normally messages?

The CPF1241 is the message sent to the MSGQ() defined for the batch job. To get that message to the QHST, on the SBMJOB specify either MSGQ(QSYSOPR) or MSGQ(QHST). The former specification will have the completion appear in both *SYSOPR and the history log, and the latter will have the completion message going only to QHST.