From: Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 3:51 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: FTP intermittanly not working to 2nd iSeries port from PC

We have two LPARS, production and r&d.

Each LPAR has a 2-port 9055(5767) 10/100/1000 Base-TX Ethernet PCI Express Adapt

The first port only goes through the main corporate firewall.

The 2nd port also goes through a 2nd firewall for each partition.

Both LPARs configured the same.

Production is V6R1M1, R&D V7R1M0.

Each LPAR has two interfaces and two default routes.

Internet Subnet Line Line

Address Mask Description Type ETHERLAN01 *ELAN ETHERLAN02 *ELAN

Route Subnet Next Preferred

Destination Mask Hop Interface

R&D, both ports(IPS) work, no issue.

Production, first port always works, no issue.

Production, 2nd port works from some PCs with no issue, other PC inconsistent.

Our network/firewall/security staff confirmed all should working, they can production 2nd port without any issue.

They are stating it is a setting on the iSeries.

For the last few weeks I could not FTP to production 2nd port.

I rebooted PC, worked for a bit, today not working.

When it fails, I never get a FTP user log in screen.

Any thoughts from the group.

Thank You

Paul Steinmetz

IBM i Systems Administrator