Source date/time matches.
Compiler and earliest release matches.

The source for this RPG object includes a copybook, which we were told was the same.
However, if the copybook WAS different, would that explain the difference in Size, MI, and ODT, correct?

Source file change date/time . . . . . . . . . . : 10/09/12 15:40:57

Compiler and earliest release matches.

Compiler . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 5722WDS V5R4M0
Earliest release that program can run . . . . . : V5R2M0

Compiler . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 5722WDS V5R4M0
Earliest release that program can run . . . . . : V5R2M0

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rich Loeber
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 4:35 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Comparing two RPG pgm objects - Are these two objects the same?

When we ship code to our customers, we normally compress *PGM objects (and others) to reduce data transfer time during download. That could explain the size difference if one is compressed and the other has been decompressed by the OS.

I go with the earlier suggestions of comparing the source code date and time and checking to make sure that both have been compiled to the same target OS level.

Rich Loeber
Kisco Information Systems
http://www.kisco.com[1]

Quoting "Steinmetz, Paul" <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>:

John,

Same for both.
Optimization . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *NOOPTIMIZE

Paul