Re: table not journaled

fixed

I created a table to be used as a Data Warehouse table to our reporting tool
or even on the i. this is going to be refreshed nightly. It will be used
strictly in a reporting mode. do we need to be concerned about the Not
Journal status?

If refreshed is meaning newly built from scratch, using commitment controll only would add overhead, with no use. For the read only usage commitment controll is not usefull anyway. A better way than adding an isolation clause (with NC) would be to specify this with your connect. Using ODBC or JDBC there are driver properties, for STRSQL, embedded SQL or QMQRY there are settings too.
If the rebuilt of the table is done incremently and the table is very big (hundreds of millions of records, it would be better to do your load with massive parallelisation and for this it would be best to use commitment controll for your data load processes.

D*B