On 06-Mar-2014 15:14 -0800, Hoteltravelfundotcom wrote:
I created a table to be used as a Data Warehouse table to our
reporting tool or even on the i. This is going to be refreshed
nightly. It will be used strictly in a reporting mode.
Do we need to be concerned about the Not Journal status?

Message ID : SQL7905
Message. . : Table DTAWHSO in PROJ_T1 created but was not journaled.
Recovery . : The table was created, but until the table is
COMMIT(*UR), and COMMIT(*ALL) will not be allowed for table DTAWHSO.

The "Recovery" explains whether a concern is warranted; i.e. if an isolation level other than NC [no-commit] is required, for any reason when accessing the file [data; i.e. effectively just for DML, including SELECT], then the data access will fail [with SQL7008]. To ensure a SELECT does not operate with a commitment-control\isolation level other than *NC, then use\append the WITH NC clause to the request.