If they have IFS files that are growing 20% per year perhaps a SAN and cheaper storage and then replicating.

Then a library replication product to replicate library changes perhaps.

Backup hardware at sister site possibly ?

Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 1
date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 13:37:47 -0500
from: "franz400" <franz400@xxxxxxx>
subject: appliance and cloud backup

Have reviewed multiple threads on cloud stuff last year.

I'm not asking for a basic knowledge of the process, but asking for the good and the bad of what you implemented. I've already contacted several vendors.

This is not a small installation, but upgrading from old hardware and methods.
Current backup 2 partitions nightly to 3590 tape(whole libraries, not chgobj).
No current journaling. Total of tab on i (internal drives, 50% IFS) and growing 20% yr.
Re-evaluating DR for i and Win, and need to ensure i side works well.
Need quick local restore, plus total recoverability.
Do have an existing contract for recoverability to a replacement box.
One existing data center (but a "sister corp" in another state has a center...), several remote offices. Encryption/security required in a regulated industry.

Jim Franz