Can MQ send data?

fixed

Hi Folks, probably a quick question...we've been running MQ for years and I was asked if MQ can encrypt and send data. Support says we can encrypt the channel and then transmit the data but that it requires additional configuration steps. Has anyone used MQ in this manner? I thought MQ was only used to put data/messages on a queue so that another system can then take that data and then send it out to another destination.
Thanks, Frank