On 20-Feb-2014 13:06 -0800, Charles Wilt wrote:
You can rename a procedure...for example from MyProc to

Along with an appropriate set of comments should make it clear to the
next guy.

You can take the PR out of the include file altogether, so the only
way somebody will see it is looking at the source for the *SRVPGM
module and or the binder source.

I had been searching for an old conversation with the word "deprecated", hoping to find a discussion that suggested the same thing, but I found none. Then I saw your reply which covers what I intended to suggest, except perhaps, maybe clearer?:

MyProc becomes MyProc_DEPRECATED :-)