from a standpoint

More text

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Koester, Michael <mkoester@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

I have a service program that contains 8 modules. One of those modules I
want to replace with another of a different name - deprecating one and
adding a new one that is similar but different enough to be named
differently. The one program that called the module to be removed is being
changed and recompiled (to use the new & improved one), so the old module
would not really be missed.

1) Would updating the service program (UPDSRVPGM) to add the new module
cause signature violation issues? I have binder source, which would be
updated, but some of the programs that call other modules of the service
program were created before the binder source.

2) Is that old module forever part of the service program (and a source of
confusion to everyone that follows me and wonders about this phantom

3) Would I be better off recreating the service program (CRTSRVPGM) to
permanently remove the old module?

Running 7.1, no TR 7 yet.

Michael Koester