Re: Problems with an overlay

fixed

On 2/1/14 3:05 AM, Marco Facchinetti wrote:
Besides driver's settings keep in mind that you're printing from a PC
application. Sometimes it's better create a PDF and print it using AFP
driver withoutout scalign and autocenter.

So here's how I finally got it to work (I know it wasn't how I did it 8 months ago). It's kludgy, but it got the thing to line up properly.

First: I measured everything very carefully: turns out my guess that it was 5% too big was close: it was 4% too big.

So I scaled it to 96%, and printed it to a PDF. Then I printed the PDF to InfoPrint (full color, default dither, LZW compression), to generate the overlay.

That gave me something that was exactly the right size, but still aligned wrong, and in a way that setting the unprintable areas in InfoPrint didn't help.

So then, I did some shifting of margins in the original Open Office document, until everything lined up correctly.

Then, going back into the original document one last time, I ADDED A NOTE EXPLAINING HOW TO GET FROM THERE TO THE OVERLAY.

Ye vish!

--
JHHL