Re: WRKDSKSTS with decimal points vs commas

fixed

Chuck,

Your are right, of course, about the QDECFMT value. It is just that in our
shop we rarely change the Qsysval defined format (an exception is the use
of *ISO/*EUR date and time formats).

I don't really think of my "changing gears" as dumbing-down :-) The forum
official languages is English (and American English, mostly), so I just
"translate" the decimal format I use when I post my messages.

That said, sometimes I feel that the American way of separating integers
and decimals (eg. 123.45) is more correct that the one I normally use (eg.
123,45). As I see it, a period in a sentence separates two different
things, as opposed to a comma, where you are speaking about similar things.
So when you write about US$1,000,000 it is, for me at least, more logical
than US$1.000.000 (although equally unobtainable :-) )

Regarding the use of a space after each comma in expressions, I believe it
should be required, as only because it makes the sentence easier to read.

There, I just agreed with your way to express numerical quantities. I just
draw the line at your way to express weights and measures :-) (and please,
let don't start a thread about this, to avoid David's wrath :-) )

Best Regards,

Luis

Luis Rodriguez
IBM Certified Systems Expert -- eServer i5 iSeries