From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob Cagle
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:27 PM
To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HP LaserJet device configuration to support printing barcodes

Running iOS 7.1 - I'm no hardware guru, but I'm trying to configure an IP
attached HP LaserJet as an *IPDS printer in order to support printing
barcodes. We do not own a license to Advanced Function Print (AFP), so
when I try to configure the device as DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(*IPDS) AFP(*NO),
I'm getting the error 'LAN attachment not valid.' The help text says that a
LAN device can only be configured as IPDS if AFP(*YES) is specified.

I already have a twinax connected line printer configured as IPDS printing
barcodes, I just need to be able to do so on the LaserJet also. Has anyone
successfully configured a LaserJet to print barcodes without AFP? Would you
mind sharing the config if so?

Thanks

Bob Cagle
IT Manager