HP LaserJet device configuration to support printing barcodes

fixed

Running iOS 7.1 - I'm no hardware guru, but I'm trying to configure an IP attached HP LaserJet as an *IPDS printer in order to support printing barcodes. We do not own a license to Advanced Function Print (AFP), so when I try to configure the device as DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(*IPDS) AFP(*NO), I'm getting the error 'LAN attachment not valid.' The help text says that a LAN device can only be configured as IPDS if AFP(*YES) is specified.

I already have a twinax connected line printer configured as IPDS printing barcodes, I just need to be able to do so on the LaserJet also. Has anyone successfully configured a LaserJet to print barcodes without AFP? Would you mind sharing the config if so?

Thanks

Bob Cagle
IT Manager
Lynk, Inc.