New battery arrived today, and I installed it in the 2748 card. Card went back in the system, and well things aren't looking that good.

Something is definitely wrong with the entire DASD subsystem; all of the individual disks show 00 as the first two of their serial, although none of their serials actually start with 00. Attempts at initializing individual disks results in an I/O error. I also attempted to examine the disk surface, and the read errors add up incredibly quickly before any percentage complete occurs.

I even attempted to reclaim IOP cache storage; with the same results.

I suppose *all* of the disks could be bad; but that seems unlikely. I think I've read about the disk cage backplane going out; I'm sure that could cause some strange issues.

Breaking down the issue, it's got to be one of a few things, right? RAID controller, cabling, backplane, or disks?

The tape drive still works great, but that's on it's own controller as it's an external unit.

I guess it's time to find some more replacement parts.

Clay