From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Cunningham
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 1:11 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: print a PDF from the IFS to a network printer

If I have a PDF file stored in the IFS, and 100 network attached laser printers on campus, is there a way using CL or RPG or Java or Qshell, to send that PDF document to one of those printers and have it print? I can open the document and print it to these printers but I want to do this without any human intervention, and without any PC in the middle. I could probably setup a PC running client access and send it remote commands to open the PDF from the IFS and print but I would prefer a totally native solution.