From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Rusling
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:17 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: prompt for a command and retrieve the command string.

I wrote an article quite awhile back, it's at this link.

caveat; I don't know if it requires a subscription or not.

If you download the code there is a source member called wsrc_f.
In there is a procedure called #compile which does exactly what (I think) you're looking for. You should be able to pluck it out and put it wherever you want.