RE: prompt for a command and retrieve the command string.

fixed

Rick,

I wrote an article quite awhile back, it's at this link.

http://iprodeveloper.com/rpg-programming/work-source-utility

caveat; I don't know if it requires a subscription or not.

If you download the code there is a source member called wsrc_f.
In there is a procedure called #compile which does exactly what
(I think) you're looking for. You should be able to pluck it out
and put it wherever you want.

John