put time stamp in FTP session log

fixed

I want to see "system time" in our FTP logs.

We transfer bunches of files daily to a central
distribution point from where the files are
translated and re-distributed to various points
around the Western US.

The ability to chase/fix problems has us working
to get detailed and accurate info about each file
transfer at each point in the "path".

A quick check of my V6R1 FTP manual shows LIST
or NLST subcommands produce entries which
include "modification time".

I want "current system time" so the hack that comes
to mind is:
have a dedicated folder: systime
update a dedicated file: /systime/curtime
issue FTP LIST command: LIST systime curtime

A better way ?