Re: SSDs on Power7

fixed

By rule the 5887 drawers cannot be 'split' with IBM i. In theory it would work to split one and use 1/2 for SSD and 1/2 for Spinny but that's not allowed.

Now with the 5802 you CAN split to left and right. You can then put SSDs in one side and Spinny in the other. Max is 9 and 9 in that setup. Thing to consider is that the 5802 is 3GB SAS speed vs 6G SAS Speed for the 5887 drawers.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com