Re: Updating an old ethernet line description

fixed

On 01/01/2014 9:18 am, Charles Wilt wrote:
Do I need to do something to disable non-TCP/IP protocols? As I noticed
this in the help for LINESPEED
Note: The values 1G and 10G specify gigabit
Ethernet. Gigabit Ethernet is only available when
running strictly TCP/IP protocol.

And as mentioned, I know SNA was used originally.

That help is somewhat misleading. It's actually the type of Ethernet adapter that determines whether IBM i supports TCP/IP only and not native SNA. All of the gigabit-capable (or faster) adapters are TCP/IP only.

You don't need to do anything to disable the non-TCP/IP protocols. You can just change the line speed and duplex settings and you should be OK.

Brian