Re: VPN & Client Access

fixed

Hi Paul -

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 13:03:28 -0500, "Steinmetz, Paul"
<PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Recently, after connecting to the corporate network via VPN, we now use remote desktop to access work PC from home.
Big advantage here is that nothing has to be installed/configured on home PC except for VPN client.
Another advantage is that if the connection drops, only have to reconnect to work PC, everything will still be running.

I still do that occasionally, but now even more I use LogMeIn to
access my work PC from home. That way I'm only using a browser on my
home PC and don't have to worry about a VPN client changing my DNS or
otherwise interfering with other activities.

I even paid for the Pro version of LogMeIn, mostly so that I get the
sounds remotely.

Ken