Re: If everything is working fine, why do PTF's?

fixed

Chuck,

Like the old Superman movie where they truncated instead of rounding off
fractions of a penny and routed the truncation to a special account which
made millions? A hidden error versus a hard halt?

Other possible hidden error scenarios:
Gee I didn't know that the system really didn't need to tie up 15% in
temporary space.
Gee I didn't know that consistent disk arm busy of 80% was a bad thing. I
just thought I was getting my money's worth out of those disk arms.
What do you mean that if I had had the current ptf level then the system
would have been able to call IBM after I lost one drive from my raid 5 set
and I wouldn't have had to wait until a hard failure from losing two
drives to know there was an issue?
You mean it's not normal for a simple sql select from a five row table to
take 5 minutes? I just thought that darn old AS/400 was slow.
You mean it's not normal for some directory way down stream to have a
subdirectory named favoritepicturesoflittleboys that is growing leaps and
bounds in disk space used and for me to have all this traffic on port 21?