One site says 60 seconds
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/powersys/v3r1m5/topic/p7hcd/p7hcdperforming57cfreplacement.htm
Attention: Ensure that the cache battery pack is disconnected for at least
60 seconds before you connect the new battery. This is the minimum amount
of time needed for the card to recognize that the battery has been
replaced.

Another 60 seconds:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/powersys/v3r1m5/topic/p7ed5/raidcachebatterypack.htm
Note: Ensure that the cache battery pack is disconnected for at least 60
seconds before connecting the new battery. This is the minimum amount of
time needed for the adapter to recognize that the battery has been
replaced.

Another 60 seconds:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/powersys/v3r1m5/topic/iphbr_p5/changebatt2757.htm
Note: Ensure that the cache battery pack is disconnected for at least 60
seconds before connecting the new battery. This is the minimum amount of
time needed for the adapter to recognize that the battery has been
replaced.

yet another 60 seconds:
Note: Ensure that the cache battery pack is disconnected for at least 60
seconds before connecting the new battery. This is the minimum amount of
time needed for the adapter to recognize that the battery has been
replaced.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/powersys/v3r1m5/topic/iphcd/areb2changebatt2757.htm

Some of the cards we've all used make no mention of this time at all
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/powersys/v3r1m5/topic/iphcd/areb2battery.htm
Then again they make it a long drawn out process of going into SST and
Display/Alter Storage and using options most CE's and what not no longer
do when replacing those battery packs. Sure there are still some options
in SST you have to do. But display/alter storage? To change a battery
pack?