On 9/12/13 2:10 PM, Monnier, Gary wrote:
Why not use the WRKLNK method - F22=Display Entire Field - where a
window pops up with the entire object link.

Probably because I find it annoying in WRKLNK: Wintouch record attachment "buckets" (whose filename is derived from a very long record identifier for the owning database record) are zip files with mostly too-long-to-display-names, and so do most of the log files generated by Tomcat.

Although as far as that goes, WRKLNK truncates names a LOT shorter than I'd be truncating them, and I'm allowing double the name length that MYSQL (my only non-DB2/400 guinea pig at the moment for the project) allows (and which would fit on one line with space to spare -- I had to alter the display file to get a maximum-length MYSQL name to spill over into the scond line).

So maybe in this case, the solution that's so annoying in WRKLNK wouldn't be so annoying here.