Have you used multiple email domains?
I ask, because we had odd results on an email experiment. Turned out
the if the email domain was cox.com, that server did a reverse DNS.
We were using ancient SNDEMAIL command. No log. But, I changed the
sender email to my home email address, and received the failed reverse
DNS email. Once the DNS entry was fixed at our system office, mail to
cox.com worked. There is that and potentially blacklisting that could
be an issue. Beyond that, I am out of my element. Just a couple of
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 8:04 PM, James H. H. Lampert
On our production box:
I tried sending email out of a derivative of our Wintouch product, which
uses QTmmSendMail. Nothing gets out, and the STMFs passed to QTmmSndMail
don't get deleted.
I tried ending and restarting QMSF. No change, even with *CLEAR. I tried
ending and restarting SMTP. No change.
I tried grabbing a temporary authorization for Brad Stone's MAILTOOL. It
thinks it sent the message successfully, and yet it still never arrives.
Yet our Code-on-Demand system, running, so far as I'm aware, in a Tomcat
server on the same box (and so far as I recall, emailing out
authorization codes from Java) has no trouble emailing me an
authorization code for our QuestView product.
This is entirely too weird for me to deal with on a Friday evening,
almost an hour after I went off-duty.
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list
To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives