Warning, I suspect that IBM i price is for a 4 core, not the 6 or 8 core!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

On 2/5/2013 9:55 PM, Nathan Andelin wrote:

Model 720 CPW Chart:

Compares performance capacity of 4,6, & 8 core servers.

IBM i is priced per core. On a model 720, the license fee is $2,245 per core. No extra cost per partition.

----- Original Message -----
From: franz400 <franz400@xxxxxxx>
To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 7:47 PM
Subject: How to relate performance of new models

I have an older model 520. When it was new it had a rating of xxx cpw as did all the other servers models & I could compare them. I don't see cpw in the new 710 & 720 data sheets. How do I compare them? and what is a "core" - as in 710 - 4 core or 710 - 6 core (does this mean it's 50% faster)??

Trying to spec a machine for site replacing an Advanced 36, so it's batch and interactive 5250.

Can I partition the small box for a 2nd and 3rd site without extra licenses?