From: Bill Reger [mailto:billr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:09 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Random selection of 10%

We would like to audit 10% of the Cases that flow down the shipping conveyor - checking that the contents of the Case matched what was
(supposedly) packed.

Now obviously we could count each Case and pull every 10th Case for audit.
But it would not take long for someone to figure this out - and if they were so inclined - only short Cases other than the 10th in line.

Is there an algorithm/logic that we could employ to randomly pull Cases that would equate to 10% over the course of a day but not be every 10th Case? (My logic brain is on strike today and I can't think of a way to design this.)

Bill