How can you determine at the beginning of the day how many you will process?

But do you not do a weight check? If a parcel is off a number of grams of the calculated weight you take that parcel out.

Or take a divider for each hour: first hour every nth parcel to check, next hour xth parcel. you can change the interval.

Carel Teijgeler