Clay,

Until you get the cursor to go Upper LEFT you have no console. HOWEVER, that will NOT happen immediately! Also it happens after the Twinax card boots up far enough to communicate. With your failed disk my memory tells me that won't happen at all. We need to fix the disk problem and get some code to the card.

If you get the yeller light and the system halts can you press UP (to 13) and press ENTER then report that number? Repeat for 14, 15, 16, etc until you run out of numbers? Those numbers can help tell which disk unit has lost its bits.

Twinax notes:
-Address is correct.
-Port 0 on the 4 port brick is correct.
-CAT 5 cable is fine, if it works with Ethernet or tested with a Fluke, etc, it's good enough (Twinax is 1Mb speed :-) )
-Cursor in the upper right means no communication between the terminal and the Twinax controller card. (Upper LEFT means they are talking but have nothing to 'say' (display))
-Verify the Baluns are identical, for example pins 4/5 or 3/6, usually this is printed on the Baluns. Just because they are the same brand doesn't mean they are the same.
-Visually check the pins on the Baluns to be sure they aren't bent, broken, or too short.
-You SHOULD only be able to connect the Baluns ONE WAY (there is a key) but I have seen them forced in the wrong way (rotated 180 degrees) which will not work.
-Visually check the pins on the 9 Pin connector on the other end of the brick. This stuff is old enough that damaged cables and connectors are fairly common.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com