I humble and prostrate myself in front of the likes of DrFranken and his
ilk but I do not believe that opening the machine will aid you in
determining which drive is bad - other than an obvious bullet hole through
the drive. Or horrific screeching sound indicated by heads dragging on
disk.
http://as400bks.rochester.ibm.com/html/as400/v4r5/ic2924/v4r5hwpdf/pdf/y4459653.pdf
A 675A error is part of the "I/O Processor and I/O Adapter Reference
Codes". That page says that the 3200 indicates "A tape/CD or disk device
reported a failure" and references these next steps: FI01105, STORIOA,
IOP, MEDIA. These, I believe, qualify as "Symbolic FRUs", (except for the
FI01105). But basically drilling around may have you go through Problem
Isolation Procedures (PIP) to determine the failing unit. For example
“SDIOP-PIP16” on page 311.