Re: OPNQRYF - how to ensure PGMA uses the access path set up by OPNQRYF

fixed

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 15:46:33 -0500, Jeff Young <jyoung0950@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Is your CL a CLP or CLLE program?
If CLLE, is it running in a named activation group or the default
activation group?

Note that this part ...

If CLLE, are both the CLLE and RPGLE in the same activation group?
If not, try adding the keyword OPNSCOPE(*JOB) to the OPNQRYF command.
Be aware, that using the OVRSCOPE(*JOB) for the OVRDBF command requires the
keyword LVL(*JOB) on the DLTOVR command.

... is not dependent on it being a CLLE program.

We have CLP programs (which of course are in the default activation
group) calling RPGLE programs that are in a *NEW activation group.

OVRDBF does NOT require OVRSCOPE(*JOB) because IBM was smart to make
the overrides automatically propagate from the default activation
group into the *NEW activation group.

OPNQRYF however DOES require OVRSCOPE(*JOB) because IBM didn't make
the same rules apply to OPNQRYF as apply to OVRDBF.

Personally I stay away from OPNQRYF any more but my boss loves it, so
we have a copy of OPNQRYF higher in the library list than QSYS, with
the command default for OVRSCOPE changed to *JOB.

Ken