On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 20:48:56 +0000 (GMT), A Paul
<amandapaul1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We've space considerations on the system as Global journal receivers take 1/3 to 3/4TB per day, we used to keep 3 days of these and it was reduced to 1 day citing that you would always find out any production issues within that timeframe.

Whoever made that statement is living in a happy, happy world of gum
drops, lollipops, and bunny rabbits.

I extract from our journal receiver the information for certain key
files and keep in an archive file. I often need to refer to it months
later, sometimes years later. (I have different retention periods for
different files in the archive file.)

Ken