On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Pat Barber <mboceanside@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I am not familiar with a "quiet zone" but every single laser printer that I
have ever seen has a "no print area". They might be different in size, but
they all have one.

With respect to this particular issue, his complaint was that *the
very same* printer could print closer to the edge when printing an
overlay than when printing from DDS. That is, he was frustrated that
he could not access that particular printer's full printable area via
DDS.

Now, it could be that he has some settings wrong, or doesn't know DDS
well enough. Or maybe DDS does indeed have some weird behaviors and
limitations. But I'm quite sure he understands the concept of
unprintable areas on laser printers.

John