My mgmt has had it with IBM Iseries-attached printers being fickle with behaving differently from one printer to another.

Fonts don't print the same, scaling behaves differently, logos wont print on some printers, etc.

They want them to work like other OS's in 2012 where things just print right.

The only way I can think of to get OS400 to print consistently would be to create a PDF file and send it to a printer instead of using OS/400's antiquated print facilities.

Is there a better method?

Can OS/400 print a PDF file and still have complete control with the writer such as stop/start, release, start at page 100, etc?

Thanks

This outbound email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Skyscan service.