I have recently been approached by someone in my shop about their inability to transfer (using FTP) SQL tables that contain LOB rows (BLOB in this case).

We receive error 426-Unable to open or create target file
Followed by 426 Data transfer ended
It appears to me that there may be an inability with the OS/400 FTP to transfer tables containing LOBs but I have been unable to verify it.

Can anyone confirm or deny the ability and perhaps instruct me why it might not work if it is in fact allowed.

We are running V6R1 on both servers and the table exists on both servers. It is empty on the target (server) system. I am in binary stream mode.

Thanks