Best to review the joblog for the error that precipitates the FTP426 to see what the OS Data Management says is the problem origin; i.e. why the Write to the file was prohibited. Two very common causes are "not valid save file data" are "file, user profile, or system storage limit exceeded". I typically issue the following FTP requests to get that joblog, after which I use WRKSPLF at the server to find the output:

quote rcmd ovrprtf *prtf splfown(*curusrprf) ovrscope(*JOB)
quote rcmd dspjoblog output(*print)

When using the system\native Naming Format for FTP, a Save File must be pre-created, into which _non-zipped_ Save File Data can be PUT using Binary\Image transport. The better option than the document describes, is to use the root file system naming [vs Libr/FileName naming], both removing ambiguity [no accidental PF as target] and enabling the FTP server to implicitly create the Save File as target of the PUT. Either enable the Name Format with the NAMEFMT subcommand, or implicitly by CD under root:

cd /qsys.lib/qgpl.lib
put MS03_iseries.unzipped MS03.SAVF

Or without the CD, just:
quote site namefmt 1
put MS03_iseries.unzipped /qsys.lib/qgpl.lib/MS03.SAVF