From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Glen Egginton
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:50 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Viewing IFS files using Windows Explorer

I have a question that I hope someone could answer it for me.

I am trying to copy .CSV files to the AS/400 data base via the CPYFRMIMPF (Copy From Import File) command.

Using ADDLNK command, I have created a sub-folder GLEN under folder /home.
This can be verified using WRKLNK.

The problem I am having is how to get to the folder GLEN via Windows Explorer so I can drag and drop files.

I don't know if a sub-system is not started or if I am experiencing some sort of security problems.

I suspect security is not an issue since I can see the folder under WRKLNK

If anyone could help with this, It would be greatly appreciated.

Glen Egginton

Home: (801) 737-6050

Cell: (801) 888-7654

Web Site:

Email: Glen.Egginton@xxxxxxxxx

Mind Your Business. - Your Information is Your Business.

Your Engineer for IBM Power Systems & Applications.