Re: Clearing the PTF *SERVICE library?

fixed

Lyod,

If I have the situation understood, you downloaded the iso files into the IFS. Now to use them you create an image catalog and a virtual optical and away you go.

The *SERVICE files should all be *SAVF types in QGPL. You can find them with the command: "WRKOBJPDM LIB(QGPL) OBJTYPE(*FILE) OBJATR(*SAVF) OBJ(Q*)" (assuming you have PDM loaded). You should be able to pick and choose which files to delete at that point. If your using RDP you can easily set up a filter to find them and manage as appropriate as well.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 10/16/2012 8:45 AM, Loyd Goodbar wrote:
> From Fix Central, I tried downloading the latest cume set directly to my
system (V5R4, I know) but my Java crapped out and gave errors, so I decided
to download the ISO images instead. How do I clear the *SERVICE library
used for PTFs since I will be loading from disc images, or does it matter?
About a quarter of the PTFs were downloaded.

Thanks,
Loyd