Hi Jim,

I don't see where this says that "UTF8" and "UTF-8" are different? Indeed, where it says "UTF8" it also refers it as "UTF-8" on the same line.

It also references a site from Sun Microsystems (now Oracle, but the link still works) that states that UTF8 and UTF-8 are the same.

Though, this whole IBM page is rather confusing... like it says CCSID 1208 isn't available on "System i5" -- which is completely untrue. I think that what it's trying to say is that UTF-8 with a byte order mark is not currently supported on IBM i... but the page is extremely unclear.