Hi Jim,

In my EXPAT_H copy book, I named the constant XML_ENC_UTF8, because you can't put a dash in an RPG variable name. It's not possible to make a constant or variable named XML_ENC_UTF-8 in RPG.

But, yes, it means UTF-8 (Which is the official name).

Not sure where in the Information Center it says that "UTF8" and "UTF-8" mean something different. Can you provide me with a link?