Re: Callback

fixed

Hi Richard,

Callbacks are extremely commonplace in computer programming. I'm kinda shocked at seeing not one but multiple people in this thread saying that they don't even know what a callback is.

Exit programs are an example of a callback. You give the system the name of a program, and it calls it at a particular time.

Triggers are another.

The %HANDLER routines used by XML-SAX or XML-INTO are callbacks.

APIs like Qp0lProcessSubtree(), QaneSava, QaneRsta use callbacks.

I use callbacks in RPG, C, Java, JavaScript. In fact, in JavaScript they are utterly ubiquitous, you can't sneeze without using a callback in JavaScript.

You should definitely take the time to learn about them.