Re: Another SQL question (yes, I know, I'm getting annoying; at least this is a different project)

fixed

Luis Rodriguez wrote:
Just for the heck of it, I wrote a "quick and dirty" UDF code that
(*maybe*) could suit your requirements. You can find it here:

http://code.midrange.com/10a8a27caf.html

Sorry about the "lack of elegance" of the code. It is a quick adaptation of
an old routine I wrote a long time ago.

Thank you very much, Mr. Rodriguez! That was hardly necessary, but it is definitely appreciated, and I'm going to print it out both for study, and for possible future use.

For the moment, and for the immediate issue, we opted to break up the multi-select field into separate sub-fields in the SQL view, and leave them unsorted, and I was (thankfully) able to avoid dealing with variable-length "words" because in this particular case, the only two multi-select fields in the whole installation had been defined with maximum code lengths of one character.

--
JHHL