On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 12:21:42 -0400, Michael Ryan wrote:

I used the CREATE TABLE in QTEMP approach. Works quite well. I like it.

But, when I create my program, I get a bunch of Table QTEMP/blah not
found. Well...yeah, it isn't there.

Set GENLVL on the compile command (CRTSQLRPGI???) I've seen that a lot
for work tables in QTEMP. At 5.4, GENLVL defaults to 10, but perhaps
that's changed on more current systems, or maybe your command default has
been changed, or the severity on that message has been changed. Anyway,
the precompiler will not halt unless the error level is greater than the
value in the GENLVL compile option.